5.13.2013

it's all good, good food

Thank you to my sweet sister for sending me a copy of this beautiful cookbook, by yes, Gwyneth Paltrow. It is truly my new go-to bible for easy, healthy, and delicious recipes. Each recipe I've tried so far has made me happy, and I love looking at all the beautiful photographs in this book.


A few nights ago, I made this cucumber-clementine salsa with grilled mahi-mahi (just brushed olive oil and coarse sea salt on the fish). We loved it so much that I made the salsa a second time and brought it to our Mother's Day gathering - I simply served it with blue corn tortilla chips and it was a hit. Since I can't eat most raw veggies, I lightly sauteed the onion and pepper before adding it into the other ingredients. It's light, refreshing and so very healthy - a great summer treat.



CUCUMBER-CLEMENTINE SALSA

*makes about 2 cups 
newPostLabel_Ingredients
  • 4 clementines, peeled and chopped into 1/2″ pieces
  • 1/2 english cucumber, or 2 baby cucumbers, diced
  • 1/4 red onion, diced
  • 1 red chili or heirloom red pepper, seeds and ribs removed, diced
  • 6 fresh mint leaves, chopped 
  • juice of one lime
  • sea salt
newPostLabel_Instructions
Combine clementine, cucumber, red onion, chili or pepper and mint in a bowl. Zest a bit of the lime onto the top, then squeeze all the juice into the salsa. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste, toss to combine, and garnish with a few torn mint leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment