2.24.2013

whirlwind weekend

We LOVED meeting up with friends for a few drinks - sans children - at The Blackbird Bar on S. Kinnickinnic last night before heading off to a delicious small plate dinner at the Odd Duck Restaurant in Bay View. I was reminded how wonderful it is to chat with friends through a leisurely meal!

Then this morning it was off to the Mitchell Park Domes for fun with our little friends. I haven't been to the Domes in years, but the moment we walked in I was immediately taken back to my childhood, having spent so many Sundays there with my own parents and siblings. Happy to continue the Reiher tradition with my August.


August, Junie & Asher checking out the Koi Fish.


August running the train!

Daddy & August watching the birds in the tropical dome.

August & I also had a wonderful visit (and sleepover!) in Madison on Friday with Janice & her sweet little ones, Hayden & Jacob. The kiddos love playing together, and I am always thankful for time with my dear friend, catching up over a delicious salad and tasty Rioja. 

Hayden pushing August in the basket

August trying to return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment