5.10.2011

time travel

It's not that the 1970's weren't a great time to be alive, after all, I was born in 1979. But when it's 2011 and much of your house still looks like it was decorated in the 70s...you get the idea. So, before we can welcome our little man into the 21st Century, his nursery needed a lot of deconstructing, reconstructing, painting, decorating, and re-organizing. A few photos from the long journey.


BEFORE
plywood doors, halogen lighting, dated molding, and a whole lot of brass.

Matt tore out the closet that went the whole length of this wall, and framed in a new one, which also made room for a little nook.

AFTER



A sigh of relief, we're almost there.

This will eventually be the crib skirt

I promise to post more photos of the nursery very soon - just as soon as I can get a few things sewn, get a chair upholstered, pick out pillow fabrics and hardware, and paint the inside of the closet...

No comments:

Post a Comment